According to the Bridebook Industry Survey 2022, 87% of couples in the UK hire a professional wedding photographer to cover their wedding. Despite the advent of high mega pixel phones and affordable DSLR cameras; professional photography remains high on the list of priorities for couples getting married in the North East.
Why Hire A Professional?
But why? Some people choose to ask a relative or family friend without the benefits of asking a professional (or the risks of choose
Reasons Why You Should Hire A Professional Photographer
- Professionalism: A professional photographer will have the knowledge and aptitude to take photos of the highest calibre on your big day.
- Creativity: A skilled photographer will have an artistic eye and be able to take one-of-a-kind wedding photos.
- Memory preservation: A wedding photographer will record all the memorable moments so you may look back on them in the future.
- Documenting the details: A photographer will make sure to record all the subtle elements of your wedding, including the flowers, gown, and rings you spent a lot of time and thought creating.
- Flexibility: A competent photographer can adjust to any circumstance and lighting setup to get the right shot.
- Discreet: A skilled photographer can capture natural moments without interfering with your wedding day’s proceedings.
- High-quality gear: A professional photographer will have the high-quality gear to guarantee the finest possible quality of the photos.
- Post-processing: A professional photographer can edit and improve your photographs to make them appear their best using the right software and abilities.
- Backup gear: A professional photographer will have backup gear, ensuring they can still take the pictures if something goes wrong.
- Experience: A professional photographer can capture all the important moments of your special day and have the knowledge to handle any issue that may arise.
Reasons Why Choosing An Amateur Wedding Photographer Could Be A Bad Idea
- Lack of experience: An amateur photographer may not have the experience or knowledge to handle different lighting conditions, posing, and composition that may arise during a wedding day, resulting in poor quality images.
- Limited equipment: An amateur photographer may not have the high-quality equipment necessary to capture the best images, resulting in lower quality images that may not stand the test of time.
- Lack of backup equipment: An amateur photographer may not have backup equipment, leaving the couple with no images in case of equipment failure
- Limited post-processing skills: An amateur photographer may not have the skills or software to properly edit and enhance the images, resulting in poor quality final products.
- Limited creativity: An amateur photographer may lack the creative vision to capture unique and artistic images of the wedding day.
- Lack of professionalism: An amateur photographer may not be able to adapt to unexpected situations or handle difficult people, disrupting the flow of the wedding day and causing stress for the couple.
- Lack of understanding of the couple’s vision: An amateur photographer may not understand the couple’s style and preferences, resulting in images that do not meet the couple’s expectations.
- Limited availability and responsiveness: An amateur photographer may not be as reliable and responsive as a professional, which could cause stress and delays in the wedding planning process.
- Limited customer service: An amateur photographer may not provide the same level of customer service, communication, and support as a professional.
- Lack of liability insurance: An amateur photographer may not have liability insurance, leaving the couple with no protection in case of equipment failure or accidents.
The are many horror stories of amateur photographer’s ruining a couple’s wedding photos through lack of experience and user errors.
In summary, wedding photography continues to be an important part of a couple’s special day – capturing memories that can be looked back on long after the de itself had ended.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Simon Hogben is an award-winning photographer, content creator, and educator based in the North East of England. As the principal photographer at Simon Hogben Photography, he is renowned for his wedding photography, blending photojournalism and contemporary portraiture to create vibrant images that capture the essence of each couple’s story. As a marketing expert, he produces content for various platforms, helping business owners enhance their online presence. Simon is also dedicated to mentoring aspiring photographers, sharing his expertise and passion for the craft. His commitment to excellence has made him a respected figure in the photography industry.