An intimate wedding with just a few close friends and family can be an extraordinary and meaningful way to celebrate your love for one another.
Your wedding, your choice
It gives you a choice to have something low-key or far away from your home – including some of the stunning venues here in Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, Durham or North Yorkshire.
Here are five reasons why you might want to consider this type of wedding:
- Intimacy: With a small wedding, you can focus on the people who matter most. You’ll have the opportunity to connect with your guests and make lasting memories with them.
- Flexibility: Having a small wedding means you have more options regarding the location and overall atmosphere of your wedding. You can choose a site that is meaningful to you and your partner, whether it’s a backyard, a park, or a cosy bed and breakfast.
- Budget: A smaller wedding can also be more budget-friendly, as you won’t need to spend as much on catering, decorations, and favours.
- Personalization: A small wedding lets you put your personal touch on every aspect of your special day. From the food and music to the decor and favours, you can create a wedding that reflects your and your partner’s personalities.
- Emotional: With a smaller wedding, you’ll be able to savour the emotional moments of the day much more, such as the ceremony, speeches, and first dance.
Intimate North East Wedding Venues
There are many wedding venues to choose from in the northeast of England, but some are particularly suited for an intimate wedding ceremony.
- Eshott Hall – A stunning country house set in a picturesque countryside location in Northumberland. The venue can accommodate up to 50 guests.
- Newton Hall – A unique and intimate venue located in Northumberland, offering a private garden ceremony and reception space for up to 40 guests.
- Healey Barn – A rustic and charming venue located in County Durham, featuring a beautiful converted barn that can accommodate up to 50 guests.
Overall, an intimate wedding can be a beautiful and meaningful way to celebrate your love for one another. However, with the current restrictions, it is a great way to have a more intimate ceremony that is meaningful to you and your partner.
With the North East of England offering so many beautiful venues for an intimate ceremony, it can be an excellent opportunity to have a truly unique and special tradition.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Simon Hogben is an award-winning photographer, content creator, and educator based in the North East of England. As the principal photographer at Simon Hogben Photography, he is renowned for his wedding photography, blending photojournalism and contemporary portraiture to create vibrant images that capture the essence of each couple’s story. As a marketing expert, he produces content for various platforms, helping business owners enhance their online presence. Simon is also dedicated to mentoring aspiring photographers, sharing his expertise and passion for the craft. His commitment to excellence has made him a respected figure in the photography industry.